SUMMER JOBS IN JAPAN – HAKUBA – 2017
We are now accepting applications for the 2017 Hakuba Green Season!
Green Season Guide
Winter Jobs in Japan – Hakuba – 2017/18
We have openings for the following winter season jobs in Hakuba, Japan:
For Winter Ski or Snowboard Instructor positions, the pre-requisites are:
- Minimum Level 1 (ski/snowboard) Instructor Certification
- Valid First-Aid and CPR Certification (minimum standard level)
- Previous season’s experience is an asset
For Winter Backcountry Ski/Snowboard Guides positions, the prerequisites are:
- Level 1 Operations Canadian Avalanche Association or International Avalanche Safety Course equivalents
- Valid Wilderness First-Aid and CPR Certification (minimum 80hr course)
- Extensive backcountry ski/board touring experience, route finding skills, thorough weather analysis, snowpack data and snow stability evaluation skills, strong leadership and communication skills and winter rescue training
- Advanced backcountry skiing and or snowboarding skills and good fitness – Ski Guide Certification and/or previous season’s experience guiding is an asset
Office/Reservations and Daycare staff should be able to demonstrate high customer service skills and have previous years work experience in their field.
Shuttle drivers must have either a “Japanese Drivers License” (preferred) or an “International Drivers License” as well as experience driving in snowy & icy winter road conditions.
Cafe Staff and Staff Chefs should have experience in the food service industry, cafes or catering.
Staff Lodge Managers should have some managerial experience, accommodation/lodge service preferred, be assertive, have strong organizational skills and be comfortable with hands-on maintenance and manual labor.
Evergreen Outdoor Center offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We also offer training and certification courses for our staff who need renewing, retraining or new skill(s) acquisition. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are a friendly, outgoing and professional person looking for a challenging, fun and engaging job in a beautiful area in Japan, we look forward to hearing from you!
We should try not to be complacent with the lives we are given and the jobs that we do and if we find ourselves becoming such then it is a time for a change.DAVE ENRIGHT